New Board Elections (2015-2017)
Several members of the current board are stepping down this year so there will be space on the board for some new members. If you are interested in becoming a board member and serving our community of recreation, tourism, and sport geographers, please contact the AAG-RTS Board Chair before the Annual Meeting. Terms are two years in length with the possibility to renew for another term in 2017.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss the possibilities further, please email Patrick any time before the Annual Meeting. Formal nominations will close at the Business Meeting on Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015. Elections will take place and successful nominees will be confirmed at the Business Meeting. You may nominate yourself or a colleague for the Board.
Potential Board Members should be:
- researchers or educators interested in recreation, tourism, and sport geography
- members of the AAG in good standing
- intending to attend the Annual Meeting in 2016 (San Francisco) and 2017 (Boston)
- interested in serving as Secretary, Treasurer, Communicator, or Student Representative
- willing to commit 12-24 hours per annum to Board activities
Chair: Patrick Brouder (Brock University) email@example.com
Past Chair: Alison Gill (Simon Fraser University) firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary & Treasurer: Adam Keul (University of Connecticut) email@example.com
International Liaison: Tometi Gbedema (University of California, Davis)
Member at Large: Friedrich Zimmermann (University of Graz, Austria)
Member at Large: Mary Mostafanezhad (University of Hawai’I at Manoa)