Early Career Researcher Paper Competition
Due to the great success of our new ECR award in 2019, the RTS will again be hosting an early career researcher paper competition at the annual AAG meeting in order to recognize our outstanding scholars at all levels. The prize will be a cash award of $300.
Eligibility Criteria & Deadlines
To be eligible, you must
- held a PhD for no more than 5 years by the AAG’s official abstract submission date (October 30th, 2020)
- register to attend and present at the AAG annual meeting
- submit a research paper* based on your annual meeting presentation (papers must be submitted by 26th March in order to be eligible for the award)
Members of the AAG-RTS board, assisted by senior scholars attending the Annual Meeting, will review each submission and attend the presentations of the participating students.
*Participants are encouraged to submit a single-authored paper. However, we will accept papers co-authored which are accompanied by a short summary of each author’s contribution to the paper on the cover page.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the AAG-RTS Chairs, Mary Mostafanezhad (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Elizabeth Vidon (email@example.com)
Instructions for paper submission
Please also include a Cover Page, with the following information:
- Paper title
- AAG PIN
- Date and awarding institution of PhD
- Co-author contributions (if applicable)
The focus is on quality, not quantity, and all papers between 5,000 and 9,000 words will be considered. The maximum length is 9,000 words, including the abstract, text body, tables, and references.